We all know that our kids need special attention this time of the year but your pets need some as well. We make our pets a part of our families and sometime we forget what is good for us is not necessarily good for them.
Here are some things to keep in mind
- Chocolate is poisonous to dogs. The darker the chocolate the more toxic to dogs it is.
- Dogs can get sick and die from sugary candy. Some of the symptoms don’t present themselves till a few days later.
- Raisins! Raisins and grapes are extremely poisonous to dogs. These can cause rapid onset kidney failure
- Signs to watch for may include increased thirst, decreased appetite, vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, abdominal pain.